Our complaints procedure…
If you would like a copy of our Terms & Conditions, please contact us and we will be more than happy to provide these for you.
Procedure for handling complaints
4.17. A Green Deal Provider must take account of the needs of vulnerable consumers, those with additional needs or special access requirements when handling a complaint.
4.18. The Green Deal Provider must, within seven working days of receipt of the complaint, notify the complainant in writing –
4.18.1. that the complaint has been received;
4.18.2. of the Green Deal Provider’s complaints handling procedure;
4.18.3. of the Relevant Ombudsman Service;
4.18.4. any Additional Complaints Handling Procedures.
4.19. Where the complaint is made in respect of a breach of the relevant requirements by the Green Deal Installer or Green Deal Assessor, the Green Deal Provider’s complaints handling procedure must include a duty on the Green Deal Provider to –
4.19.1. obtain all necessary information from the relevant Green Deal Installer or Green Deal Assessor;
4.19.2. notify in writing the Certification Body on whose membership list the Green Deal Installer or Green Deal Assessor is included.
4.20. The Green Deal Provider must use reasonable endeavours to investigate and resolve the complaint. It must notify the complainant in writing of its decision within eight weeks.
4.21. Where the Green Deal Provider considers that a Green Deal Assessor was responsible for the breach and the complaint is made prior to a Green Deal Plan or energy plan being entered into, it must notify the complainant in writing as soon as practicable that the complaint should be handled by the Green Deal Assessor.
4.22. At the same time as notifying the complainant in writing of its decision in respect of a complaint it is required to handle, the Green Deal Provider must give details to the complainant of the Relevant Ombudsmen Service. Where the Green Deal Provider considers that a Green Deal Assessor is responsible the Green Deal Provider must give details to the complainant of the relevant assessor certification body.
4.23. If the complainant is not satisfied with the Green Deal Provider’s decision, the complainant may refer the complaint to a Relevant Ombudsman Service. The Green Deal Provider must assist the complainant to do so, including referring the complaint to that ombudsman service if the complainant so requests.
4.24. The Green Deal Provider must cooperate, and use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Green Deal Installer and the Green Deal Assessor who carried out the assessment used in the Green Deal Plan, where appropriate, cooperate with any investigation carried out by the ombudsman. 4.25. Any Additional Complaints Procedures specified in accordance with paragraph 4.18.4 must not conflict with the requirements of paragraphs 4.17 to 4.24. Our complaints procedure which sets out the procedure that you should follow if you wish to make a complaint, the timeframes in which we will respond to complaints, evidence that you will need to provide in relation to your complaint and how we will attempt to resolve complaints.
1. If you wish to make a complaint against the assessor, the installer or us as your provider please contact us via the following:
Telephone – 0161 724 3500
E-mail – email@example.com
In writing –
2. We will acknowledge receiving your complaint within 7 days.
3. The complaint will be fully investigated and you will receive a decision on the complaint within 8 weeks of the complaint being received at our offices by one of the contact methods above.
4. Please provide as much evidence you can in respect to the complaint. I.E Your Name, address, contact details, details of the person or organisation you have a complaint against, their contact details. The nature of the complaint and the date the incident arose for you to feel you need to make a complaint.
5. We will gather as much evidence as possible from all parties concerned and we will make a decision on the evidence that has been provided by all parties. If we find that the assessor who undertook your green deal assessment was at fault then we will provide you with the assessor’s relevant certification body.
6. If for any reason you are not happy with the decision regarding the complaint you then can escalate you complaint to the ombudsman service at:
Financial Ombudsman Service Tel 08000234567 www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Financial Services Compensation Scheme Tel 08006781100 www.fscs.org.uk
Trading Standards Institute Tel 08454040506 www.tradingstandards.gov.uk